[Opensim-dev] (proposal) QA, Release and other tought

Dahlia Trimble dahliatrimble at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 02:00:54 UTC 2008

I just finished a full regression test of my new meshing code. It involves
visually inspecting and measuring several meshes in a 3d display environment
(currently blender) and collision testing over 400 prims in my test region.
I'd love to have an automated way to do this, but at this point I'm at a
loss how to do it with my current toolset. I guess if physical object
collisions could generate accurate position data, I could set up scripts to
rez physical objects, let them collide, record the results and compare them
with expected results, but so far I haven't found the time to set something
like that up, nor would I trust it considering the inaccuracies I've found
in SL's collisions.  For now, a full regression takes 3-4 hours of my time,
but fortunately an abbreviated test will suffice more often than a full one.

BTW, the test passed! :D  I'll be committing the code as soon as I can clean
up the interface to ODE.