[Opensim-dev] New Opensim features and minimum hosting hardware requirements

Tim Shephard tshephard at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 02:00:29 UTC 2008

Rather than focusing too much on limiting features, I think more advanced
performance debugging features would be better for everyone (users and
developers).

Not being able to understand what is slowing down a sim has always been a
far bigger problem than forcing someone to only use x # of prims or scripts.

For example, even with big limits on a sim, users can still be slowed to a
standstill by a specific type of script or by particularly warped prims &
physics.