[Opensim-dev] New Opensim features and minimum hosting hardware requirements

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Fri Aug 22 08:39:19 UTC 2008

Scripting runs in a thread with a BelowNormal priority setting, so
it only takes up what capacity is left after the sim has run it's
cycles. Therefore, increased load only means that script performance
worsens.

Limiting script or even scripting may be an option for some grids,
but not for those that strive to be like SL, as in SL, practically
every item is heavily scripted and regions sport up to 9000 scripts
in certain cases.

However, 45000 prims is not reachable with the current server. It
may be possible to achieve more than 15000, but i do find that
things are somewhat suboptimal when approaching 12000 prims. So, I
believe many of these operators will see themselves go back to a
15000 or even lower prim limit.

Melanie