[Opensim-dev] [Gridnauts] Next step?

Teravus Ovares teravus at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 14:57:09 UTC 2008

 No, you're correct here.   The main difference is what OpenSimulator and
OGP considers one unit on the grid space.  It's clear that OGP uses meters
as the unit in terms of grid space definition.   OpenSimulator uses blocks
of 256 meters as the unit in terms of grid space definition.

This leads to space allocations on the aditi grid like the
following:  1048832/1048832,
translating to the following grid space in OpenSimulator: 4097/4097
(1048832 divided by 256 equals 4097)

One thing to note.  When it gets to the client, it's defined in terms of
meters, not blocks of 256 meters.  This means that the use of the 256 blocks
as one grid unit is limited to the way OpenSimulator represents grid
locations internally.

This seems like a topic to send to the opensim-dev list as well

Best Regards

Teravus

Forwarded to the Opensim-dev list.