[Opensim-dev] avatar system or similar

Charles Krinke cfk at pacbell.net
Fri Apr 11 16:22:02 UTC 2008

I think we have to consider here that the secondlife LL viewer is the mainstream client. Currently this is 1.19.1.4 and keeping compatibility with the current LL Viewer is very important.

I hope to begin testing the OpenViewer soon on OpenSim sims. There are a few folks that have mentioned the RexClient. But, the SecondLife official client is the mainstream. All other clients, including OpenViewer and RexClient are secondary in interest at this point.

So, I would urge you to consider making compatibility of the RexClient to the LL Viewer to be a priority and urge you to keep compatibility with OpenSim as you move forward.

Charles