[Opensim-dev] Question on Avatar Appearance persistance

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Apr 11 14:51:39 UTC 2008

Currently AvatarAppearance is implemented as a Region Module.  It has a
seperate connection with a mapper, pulls everything into a hash table,
and accesses it from there.  While this works, it seems like having
appearance as a function of land is somewhat odd (at least in my mind).

It seems to me that it would be more reasonable to have AvatarWearables
hang off of UserProfileData, as it is very user specific.  My initial
thought is to create a AvatarWearableCollection class which has the 13
wearables, and make that the serialized unit.  We can set by int, or
should be able to set by name (shirt, pants, etc) as well.  This would
hang off ProfileData like AgentData does.

Thoughts?

    -Sean