[Opensim-dev] Thoughts on UUID

Ryan McDougall sempuki1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 02:10:34 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-10 at 16:21 +0200, Stefan Andersson wrote:
>  Anybody up for hacking one together?

Please god no.

Linear Math libs are one of those things everyone writes at least once
in their life, at least for fun, and almost all of them are profoundly
flawed in some way. There are so many cases of people making versions
that are *done right* and stable and debugged, that it would be a shame
to quite literally re-invent the wheel.

Worst case scenario you can bind on of the many c++ versions.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nmath
http://www.oonumerics.org/oon/

> Best,
> /Stefan