[Opensim-dev] 3rd party libs and build system revisited

dan miller danbmil99 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 28 19:59:59 UTC 2007

you folks should look at how ODE organizes their build environment.

They have a ./configure make etc. setup for 'nix developers, and that is the
standard build.

Then they have some folders with project files for VS2003, VS2005 etc.

This seems to work even with their latest subversion checkouts.  I have no
idea how they maintain it.

www.ode.org

Also maybe I'm not understanding things, but if prebuild is good for
generating vsproj &/| .sln files, and nant is good for everything else, why
not call prebuild from nant, instead of the other way around?

-dan