[Opensim-dev] "Friendly teleports" between the standalone sims

Dalien Talbot dalienta at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 18:01:35 UTC 2007

On 9/25/07, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:

> > This is a raw idea, I still need to test it further, but I think it
> might
> > work..
>
> This sounds quite nifty, and a very interesting way to address world
> jump given the current arch limitations. :)  Perhaps we could specify a

I still need to think a bit on it further - to avoid a blatant DoS that just
shines from this "protocol" at the moment :)
(possibly: SSL, with the verification of the cert via web-of-trust, but on
the sim level ? if i trust your cert and you trust Stefan's - then
transitively I could trust Stefan's cert to be representative, hence I could
allow his incoming connection, and if he does the bad stuff - then too bad,
i have a cryptographically strong evidence against him - and can complain to
you :-)

certain incoming reserved region set for OpenSim grids to enable this
> functionality between worlds.
>
> > /d
> >
> > p.s. I do not open yet the can of worms with the inventory, etc. :)
>
> Yeh, I can imagine that wil be a lot of worms. ;)

actually, I think just two, but they are incredibly fat: identity +
inventory :)

but even with those two still unkilled, like I wrote to Stefan - still there
might be quite some value from being able to at least visit other sims.

/d