[Opensim-dev] Threading strategy

Dalien Talbot dalienta at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 13:38:08 UTC 2007

How would the thread pool help ? IMHO the threads should be per-region, not
per-client - then the number of threads would be quite limited.

I would think in the http server the thread pool is used because HTTP is
inherently a request-response-forget protocol. Whereas the client
connections are long-lived, so if we have now one thread per client
connection, I do not see how the thread pool would be useful...

(indeed these are speculations without much looking at the code, the tide of
the last week's burst of RL still there)

/d