[Opensim-dev] modifying the SQLite DBs while the sim is running...impossible ?

Dalien Talbot dalienta at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 03:45:33 UTC 2007

Probably this is mostly a Q for Sean...

I tried to write a small ruby hack to update the user/inventory db while the
sim is running - but seems like it does not want to pick up the changes, and
also upon the quit it complains:

** ERROR **: file marshal.c: line 4399 (mono_marshal_get_runtime_invoke):
assertion failed: (ret == 0)
aborting...

(I am not sure if this is relevant for SQLite, or it is something else - but
it appeared each time i tweaked the databases "outside").

Am I doing something wrong or the sim is caching the data => hence the
"outside" access to the databases is a no-no ? (in which case we should
think how we fix it at some point)

/d