[Opensim-dev] OpenSim project core values

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Nov 2 16:23:20 UTC 2007

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 02:57:30PM +0100, Stefan Andersson wrote:
> On a side note, I've added a big bunch of text to
>
> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Contributions_Policy#OpenSim_Core_Values
>
> because I feel it's important we're all reasonably on the same page
> when it comes to how we think about this project.
>
> If anybody disagrees, feel free to add discussion there, or here, or
> wherever. If you agree, feel free to et c et c

That all looks very reasonable.

Perhaps we should put a big disclaimer in RED text when OpenSim starts
up about the fact that "this is alpha software, and as such is known to
break.  Only proceed if you are interested in helping make things better
through bug reports and code contributions."

I think the issue that has occured is a lot of people are getting ahead
of themselves in doing OpenSim grid deployments assuming more is going
to work than does.

Reminder folks, there has only been a single release, 0.4, which only
supports standalone mode and no physics.  If you want stable, please use
that.  There is no such thing as stable grid mode.

       -Sean