[Opensim-dev] script errors?

Tedd Hansen tedd at konge.net
Thu Nov 1 19:20:23 UTC 2007

Hi

It should support constant vectors, but adding vectors I'm not so sure
of ... That was the consolidation of vector types we were talking about.
We need to be able to do operator overloading on the types.

I have looked into the script problem.

Fixed a couple of bugs that has been introduced lately:

1.       The new module loader does not release lock on the .dll's after
it has looked inside them. Therefore ScriptEngine is not able to reuse
filenames, as it usually does.
Tempfix: Changed so filenames contains a random string.

2.       The new module loader loads both old scriptengine and new (that
is under development) causing two scriptengines to hook up for all
events. (two engines loading script, etc)

Also added more debug logging when stuff goes wrong.

But the real problem is actually inside llSay-function.

Someone has done something somewhere that breaks llSay:

        public void llSay(int channelID, string text)

        {

            //type for say is 1

            World.SimChat(Helpers.StringToField(text),

                          1, channelID, m_host.AbsolutePosition,
m_host.Name, m_host.UUID);

            IWorldComm wComm =
m_ScriptEngine.World.RequestModuleInterface<IWorldComm>();

            wComm.DeliverMessage(m_host.UUID.ToString(), 1, channelID,
m_host.Name, text);

        }

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Anyone have an idea what has been changed lately that causes this?

Sincerely,

 Tedd