[Opensim-users] Dialog box from viewer: Could not add (IP) to grid list

Chris mewtwo0641 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 03:10:56 UTC 2022

On Firestorm viewer I keep getting a message pop up (As a dialog box
right in the middle of the screen) that says

"Could not add 127.0.0.1:8002 to the grid list.

Server didn't provide grid info: 0

Please check if the loginuri is correct and contact support of
127.0.0.1:8002"

It isn't a huge issue except the dialog box keeps popping up over and
over endlessly (This is more of an issue on the latest FS that just
released than on past versions, but it can still happen on older versions).

I am guessing that it's a misconfiguration somewhere in my grid setup
and Firestorm isn't getting the necessary information that it's looking
for; but I am unsure where to look to make the necessary changes.

I did try verifying the GridInfo sections of Robust.ini and
GridCommon.ini and they are set to the correct IP address and port,
restarted Robust and OpenSim, logged back in, but still get the dialog
pop up, and it still insists that it's trying to connect to 127.0.0.1:8002.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas to fix this? The viewer is
otherwise unusable as the dialog box keeps popping up every minute or so
and interrupts what I'm doing.

Thank you!