[Opensim-users] [Opensim-dev] Streaming sessions on Twitch

Dr Ramesh Ramloll r.ramloll at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 19:57:47 UTC 2020

This is interesting, took me a few seconds to find adult content on Twitch,
so I don't know what they are filtering.

On Wed, Dec 23, 2020 at 11:09 AM roy corr <serraroyale at mobiusgrid.us> wrote:

> I actually asked Twitch why a few years ago. Second Life is banned
> supposedly because of the unpredictability of griefers appearing with adult
> content. I have asked about Opensim and they see it as grey area as it's
> similar, can be easily mistaken, or SL and the same stuff potential can
> happen.
>

> Roy,
>
> Head of Mobius Team
>

> ---- On Wed, 23 Dec 2020 07:36:34 -0800 Diva Canto <diva at metaverseink.com>
> wrote ----
>

> Hi Teravus,
>
> Interesting to know. I had no idea!
> But, indeed, this is not Second Life. And, for the most part, the
> content on my sessions, so far, has been about the server side -- so,
> terminals, vi, and all that good stuff. I plan to do one session
> inworld, though, so I'll make sure to give those notices upfront.
>
> Thanks!
> Diva
>
> On 12/22/2020 11:04 PM, Teravus Ovares wrote:
> > The only thing that I would caution..    and, this would be a
> > technicality..
> >
> > SecondLife is on Twitch's Banned games list.
> >
> > Granted..  I know that you're not playing SecondLife.
> >
> > However, these rules are up for interpretation by their moderation team,
> > which, in the past, has been very "uneven" in their application of the
> > rules.   If a random viewer sees it and reports you for playing
> > 'SecondLife' it may be a bit of a challenge to deal with it.
> > I would suggest big notices stating things like,  "this is not
> SecondLife".
> >

> > On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 1:26 PM Diva Canto <mailto:diva at metaverseink.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Final spam to this mailing list about this. From here on, follow me on
> >> Twitter (@divacanto) if you want to get a heads up about my streaming
> >> sessions.
> >>
> >> I'm going to stream again around 2:30pm PST to set up Wifi on my new
> >> grid. Tune in if you're interested to see how I do this, and want to ask
> >> me questions live:
> >> https://www.twitch.tv/divacanto
> >>
> >> Otherwise, all of these videos end up on my YT channel:
> >> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfWW4e3cSIEpVdnbZ4VgrbA

> series

> use
> could
> setting
> quite

> you
> the

*Rameshsharma Ramloll* PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Landisville, PA;
Affiliate *Research Associate Professor*, Idaho State University,
Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/rameshramloll>