[Opensim-users] use of C# in scripts

Asaff Belfer asaffb at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 21:13:50 UTC 2019

Scripting by C# is somewhat limited as you cannot add references to .NET
libraries. The references that are supplied are pretty limited. As I recall
there was only a reference to System library and one more.

I actually wrote a POC that uses network sockets using C scripts. For that
I had to modify the source code of the simulator and add references to
libraries like System.Net.

So, we can say that the actions that you can do using C# scripting seem to
be pretty harmless as you don't have access to the network and file system
libraries. Even though, I'd take caution in allowing untrusted people to
write C# scripts.

Asaff