[Opensim-users] Can you help me evaluate this audio recording?

Ethan Gardener eekee57 at fastmail.fm
Tue Feb 5 08:45:50 UTC 2019

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019, at 3:32 AM, Dr Ramesh Ramloll wrote:
> Hello,
> I am sharing a clip here to take the pulse of how many of you can
> understand (comfortably) my speech. I am in the process of making a series
> of tutorial videos for the applications we are developing for opensim. Your
> response will allow me to judge whether I am the right person to be doing
> this sort of thing, or whether I need to hire a professional to do it. So
> don't hold back .... all impressions welcome, or ideas for improvement...
> (especially on the audio capture front). Thanks.
> https://youtu.be/N796xlR3JzM

You have a clear voice, I can understand you.  I'm British though, you should probably get opinions from Americans too.  When it comes to understanding accents, Americans and British seem to be at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Your pronunciation of "economy" isn't right for English; emphasis should be on the 'con'.  I got used to your pronunciation quite quickly, but it distracted me from your introduction.

> --
> 'Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin.'

Sound advice which would have made my virtual life better if I'd remembered it. ;)