[Opensim-users] Port forwarding

Ethan Gardener eekee57 at fastmail.fm
Mon Nov 19 13:43:48 UTC 2018

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018, at 1:01 PM, Asaff Belfer wrote:
> Port forwarding is something you do in your router to allow outside
> connections to get in. Did you do anything like that?

This is the usual way.  The likes of portforward.com are for people who need to work around excessively restrictive ISPs.  Not usually a problem for home users, more a problem in university dorms, where there are may be heavy restrictions and the network staff aren't being paid by you.

> On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 2:23 PM Timeka Cobb <coti032 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello there folks! I'm installed Diva Distro/Wifi and set up a DDNS but
> > need to forward port to make things work. There is portfoward.com but they
> > ask for payment..are there any free alternatives? Thank ya for the help😊💟
> >
> > Timeka Cobb

Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash