[Opensim-users] Problems with teleporting in grid mode from simulator instance to another instance?

Chris mewtwo0641 at gmail.com
Tue May 23 03:17:24 UTC 2017

I still seem to be having the teleport issue only now I'm getting an
exception from the simulator I'm teleporting from when it happens.

This line "2017-05-22 22:04:47,639 WARN  [ENTITY TRANSFER MODULE]:
UpdateAgent failed on teleport of Test User to Test Region. Keeping
avatar in Aurora" seems odd to me because it's almost as if the
simulator tried to keep me in the originating simulator but failed to do
so, So i end up at the destination region but with bits and pieces of
myself all over the place and can't move afterwards; eventually I time
out and the viewer disconnects.

There does not seem to be any logging of interest at the destination
simulator except for this: "22:04:47 - [SCENE]: Ignoring a child update
on a root agent Test User 3c086d77-10d2-4cdd-bb5e-832dda41aa50 in Test
Region"

Exception (Simulator teleporting from; IP address X'ed out for privacy):

2017-05-22 22:04:44,823 DEBUG [ENTITY TRANSFER MODULE]: Teleporting Test
User 3c086d77-10d2-4cdd-bb5e-832dda41aa50 from Aurora to
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9004/ (http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9004/) Test
Region/<84, 205, 22>
2017-05-22 22:04:45,057 DEBUG [REMOTE SIMULATION CONNECTOR]: QueryAccess
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9004/agent/3c086d77-10d2-4cdd-bb5e-832dda41aa50/e49c50ed-1262-4cf4-9b5b-c56429af6d6b/
returned True, reason , version 0.6/0.6
2017-05-22 22:04:45,057 DEBUG [ENTITY TRANSFER MODULE]: Aurora transfer
protocol version to Test Region is 0.6 / 0.6
2017-05-22 22:04:45,057 DEBUG [ENTITY TRANSFER MODULE]: Determined that
region Test Region at 995,1004 size 256,256 needs new child agent for
agent Test User from Aurora
2017-05-22 22:04:45,073 DEBUG [REMOTE SIMULATION CONNECTOR]: Creating
agent at http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9004/
2017-05-22 22:04:45,104 DEBUG [ENTITY TRANSFER MODULE]: Sending new CAPS
seed url
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9004/CAPS/c70fd427-4fac-4a3b-8d2c-ee90869c309d0000/
from Aurora to Test User
2017-05-22 22:04:46,905 DEBUG [WEB UTIL]: Exception making request:
System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport
connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote
host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection
was forcibly closed by the remote host
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset,
Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32
offset, Int32 size)
    at System.Net.ConnectStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32
size)
    at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadBuffer()
    at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadToEnd()
    at OpenSim.Framework.WebUtil.ServiceOSDRequestWorker(String url,
OSDMap data, String method, Int32 timeout, Boolean compressed, Boolean
rpc) in E:\opensim\OpenSim\Framework\WebUtil.cs:line 308
2017-05-22 22:04:46,921 DEBUG [LOGHTTP]: JSON-RPC request 2540 PUT to
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9004/agent/3c086d77-10d2-4cdd-bb5e-832dda41aa50/
FAILED: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing
connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
2017-05-22 22:04:47,624 DEBUG [WEB UTIL]: Exception making request:
System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport
connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote
host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection
was forcibly closed by the remote host
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset,
Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32
offset, Int32 size)
    at System.Net.ConnectStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32
size)
    at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadBuffer()
    at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadToEnd()
    at OpenSim.Framework.WebUtil.ServiceOSDRequestWorker(String url,
OSDMap data, String method, Int32 timeout, Boolean compressed, Boolean
rpc) in E:\opensim\OpenSim\Framework\WebUtil.cs:line 308
2017-05-22 22:04:47,639 DEBUG [LOGHTTP]: JSON-RPC request 2541 PUT to
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9004/agent/3c086d77-10d2-4cdd-bb5e-832dda41aa50/
FAILED: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing
connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
2017-05-22 22:04:47,639 WARN  [ENTITY TRANSFER MODULE]: UpdateAgent
failed on teleport of Test User to Test Region. Keeping avatar in Aurora
2017-05-22 22:04:47,655 DEBUG [REMOTE SIMULATION CONNECTOR]: CloseAgent
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9004/agent/3c086d77-10d2-4cdd-bb5e-832dda41aa50/e49c50ed-1262-4cf4-9b5b-c56429af6d6b/?auth=e1195c46-1922-4a57-8a96-3a822241fa9d