[Opensim-users] LSL HTTP server is slow (part II)

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Sat Jan 16 01:09:40 UTC 2016

Don't forget one very important thing: osMessageObject!

It's as fast as link messages but spans objects. I have made a club
lighting system that uses actual DMX hardware controllers and MIDI
controllers and send the data to inworld. Turns out the limiting
factor isn't the data pipeline but the speed at which ObjectUpdate
gets sent out. Also, streams are typically not in sync with events.
HTTP-in was plenty fast for this.

- Melanie