[Opensim-users] MySQL create table for regions fails on new data base setup?

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 22:18:41 UTC 2016

Thanks for those notes... as noted on the Mantis at
http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=7799 I think the fix is
simply to drp the ROW_FORMAT=FIXED from the current scheme spec for "regions".

I have tested Openvue and AiLand grids with the regions table options
with ROW_FORMAT=FIXED changed to unspecified.. i.e. "Don't Use" in
the MySQL GUI. That works fine as far as I can tell.

I then tried a MySQL dump from a MySQL 5.6 setup and was able to
successfully mount that on a fresh sever on version 5.7.10 and I am
now running Openvue grid on that.

So I think the fix is very simple... the regions table schema needs
to have the ROW_FORMAT=FIXED removed..

I am not sure how to set up migrations like this, so can a dev
experienced in migrations do this for MySQL and consider if its
needed for all other supported data bases?