[Opensim-users] MySQL create table for regions fails on new data base setup?

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 12:05:46 UTC 2016

As noted before, I am getting an error on loading a MySQL 5.6 dump of
my OpenSim content and trying to load it on a new MySQL 5.7
server.  I have tracked this down to the SQL load complaining about a
ROW_FORMAT=FIXED on the "regions" table That seems to be the only
table row that has that option.

Is this fixed setting needed, and is it correct for recent MySQL data
base versions?  Can it safely be changed to "Don't Use" like all the
other opensim data base tables?