[Opensim-users] Conversion to VAR region

Thomas Ringate tringate at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 00:40:39 UTC 2015

I have been experimenting with converting to a var region for my 8x8 group of regions.  Only 17 of them are land regions with the rest oceans to give everyone a great view.

My current thinking after trying several different combinations of var regions from one giant down to a bunch of 2x2’s and all sorts of different mixtures in-between, is to make it into a new 9x9 area, with 9 3x3 var regions next to one another.

These would run as three vars on each of my three servers which would evenly distribute the load.

Does anyone have experience with running three var’s of this size on a single server, and how efficient is it?

Another question I have is about using the OSSL functions to make the different parcels.  My question: should I make them one at a time using the OSSL functions, or can I make them all at once using one large script with each parcel in it’s own little section?