[Opensim-users] Opensim-users Digest, Vol 19, Issue 7

Thomas Ringate tringate at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 02:59:40 UTC 2015

Keep in mind this is only going to work for that one PC you add the windows loopback adapter to.  For instance, if you happen to have a another computer on your network that you try to connect to the server you are running on your primary computer, it will have the same problem you are having now.  You have the loopback function taking place at the point you connect to your local network so other computers on your local network know nothing at all about it and depend on the router to do loopback, which it can’t.  However this other computer will work just fine out  on the global opensim worlds because it does not need loopback to work  with servers that are not on your local network.