[Opensim-users] HG - Not able to teleport back home

Unadecal Arado unadecal.arado at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 22:50:25 UTC 2015

I concur with Thomas's outstanding explanation.

In my experience, you might want to try doing the following:

Make sure that your router forwards all the ports in use, and that Windows
Firewall has them open.
In RegionConfig, set all the internal ports to 0.0.0.0, and all the
ExternalHostName to arcanavirtual.noip.me
Undo changes to the hosts file.
Try installing the Microsoft Loopback adaptor and test.
If that does not work, uninstall the loopback adaptor and try a VPN
instead, since it is clear that your router does not support NAT loopback,
which is the source of your problem.

I have used the FREE version of CyberGhost VPN in the past with some
measure of success.
The main thing here is to make sure that all the Opensim-specific
parameters are set correctly, test this by having HG users teleport into
your regions to verify that it all works, and then work on solving your NAT
loopback without breaking your server.

I hope you can come right with this :)