[Opensim-users] ReleaseOSgrid 0.9.0.0 (Dev) 5e4b166: 2015-11-23shutdown problems

Jeff Kelley opensim at pescadoo.net
Wed Nov 25 06:54:13 UTC 2015

At 11:53 AM -0500 11/26/15, Thomas Ringate wrote:

>  Dropping back to a rather old release of mono as the opensim solution
>  really isnt a great resolution in my mind

Here is a glimpse at my MONO quest. It begins with OpenSim 0.5.*, so
don't surprised to see very old versions.

MONO 2.0.1.1	crash at login
MONO 2.0.3	crash at login
MONO 2.0.4	crash at login
MONO 2.2.5	MySql failure
MONO 2.4.3	ok up to 0.7.5
MONO 2.4.7	ScriptEngine crash
MONO 2.6.7	0.7.6 not supported
MONO 2.8.1	MySql failure
MONO 2.10.8.1	Minimum version for 0.7.6
MONO 2.10.11	Shutting down finalizer thread timed out
MONO 3.2.4	Working

This is under Darwin (Mac OS X) and MONO 3.2.4 is stil running OpenSim 0.8.2.

It was far more easy under Linux, where apt-get or yum gave me a
workins grid at first try.

CentOS 6.5  -> MONO 3.2.5
Ubuntu 14.04 -> MONO 3.2.8

There might be good reasons why Linux repos don't offer the bleeding edge.

-- Jeff