[Opensim-users] OSGrid - initial log in to region - object appearance order - testers requested

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Thu May 28 08:25:56 UTC 2015

Hello folks... we are trying to pin down an issue that seems to have
been introduced between r/25969 and r/25970 which fixed a serious
long standing inventory fetch issue which is great.. but a few side
effects are being tracked down now.

One is an issue we are seeing on initial log in with an OSGrid avatar
directly to an addon OSGrid region on r/25970 and thereafter to date.
It may only be in certain environments. We are definite seeing it
with Firestorm 4.7.1 and Singularity 1.8.6, so it may not be a viewer
issue. It is seen on OSGrid on Windows 8.1 add on regions on two
servers I run, but we are not seeing it on other grids in a similar
environment grids, so it may be an interaction between the region
code and the core server code.  Switching back to r/25969 makes the
issue go away, but of course it reintroduces the original more
serious inventory fetch hang problem.

I wonder if any OSGrid user who has a moment could log in to an
OSGrid add on region (e.g. "Vue-Port" is one simple example)

Report there if you can, or e-mail me and I will add your notes to
the Mantis myself.