[Opensim-users] Unable to rez: could not find asset

CiderJack opensim.users at katijackstudio.com
Thu Mar 5 22:56:51 UTC 2015

Thanks Justin.

I finally remembered how to mark/copy text from the shell, so here's one
of the blocks of red text:

10:41:44 - [ASSET DB]: MySQL failure creating asset
8e9cd34e-57e2-4447-b6c8-627518a1556c with name From IAR.  Exception
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (
0x80004005): Packets larger than max_allowed_packet are not allowed.
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.SendPacket(MySqlPacket packet)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ExecutePacket(MySqlPacket
packetToExec
ute)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.SendQuery(MySqlPacket
queryPacket)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.SendQuery(MySqlPacket p)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Statement.ExecuteNext()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.PreparableStatement.ExecuteNext()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.PreparableStatement.Execute()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior
behavior
)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
    at OpenSim.Data.MySQL.MySQLAssetData.StoreAsset(AssetBase asset)

Looking more closely I see "Packets larger than max_allowed_packet are
not allowed" although checking the usual .ini files (OpenSim.ini,
StandAloneCommon.ini) I am not finding anywhere to change
max_allwed_packet.

Is this setting accessible to the end user, or is it buried in the code
somewhere?

This appears to only have affected the Objects, everything else seems
intact (textures, sounds, scripts, etc.), so I'm wondering if maybe my
linksets have become ungainly (a few exceed 400 prims, some by quite a
bit) and this might be what makes the packets too large? Most of what
seems to have not loaded are larger linksets (~100-300) although a few
are smaller (< 50). Additionally I do have some large linksets that
appear to have loaded intact.

Looks like around 100 objects in total are affected, and reasonably
large/major builds that are not easily replaced. I'd rather not just
give up on them if there is any way possible to recover them.

---
~!CJ