[Opensim-users] Fwd: Regions being deleted from the database

Paola Cerioli pcerioli at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 02:54:54 UTC 2015

Today a few regions started to disappear from the regions database. I
turned them offline, but I was not expecting them to be automatically
deleted from the database.

After I looked at the opensim code, it looks that there is a
configuration settings for the [GridService] that you can add :
DeleteOnUnregister = "False"
to prevent them from being deleted from the database when offline.

I find it odd that it is an undocumented setting. And also why would
anybody want the regions to be actually deleted from the database?
They still have the other associated data in the other tables ( I
think), but now I don't remember which regions they were based on the
UUID.
Luckily I still have the configuration files, so I can re-create them.

I was planning to run individual instance of the simulator by loading
the configuration from the URL, instead of the Region.ini, but if the
data get deleted it is a bit unsafe.

I run Opensim 0.8.1 / Mono 3.10 / Ubuntu 14.04 on a multi-server configuration.

Is there anything else that I am missing?

Thank you in advance.
Paola