[Opensim-users] Script engine issue [listeners]

Karl Dreyer paolinos at islandoasis.biz
Thu Jun 4 19:41:03 UTC 2015

I don't believe that the setting is referencing the number of listeners
in a script.. but rather, the number of listen events per script .. i.e.
the number of times a script can execute the listen capture event ...
 based on the scenario it made sense because the scripts would work
perfectly for a random period of time, then a random subset of scripts
would just cease to function.  I would imagine that is due to the
fact that those scripts had reached their limit ... so if the
communications between prims such as "server / client" prims
(via llRegionSay) is very active; it could conceivably hit the 64 limit.
 I will point out that all of this is hypothesis based on the
behavior I've seen and the reaction to the change I've made in the
opensimdefaults.ini file.
> I wonder why the scripts need so many
listens? I seldom have more than 1

<paolinos at islandoasis.biz>

> wrote:

>> OK, just to close the loop on this.

>> After making the adjustments to the correct set of ini
files(ugh); the

>> issue appears to be resolved.

>> it turns out, it wasn't the max_listens_per region.. but in fact
Was the

>> max_listens_per_script. The default is set to 64 (I believe). I
set it

>> 0 so as to not impose any limitations and Voilà ..
it's fixed!

>> I want to thank everyone who took the time to respond... it is
much

>> appreciated!

>> Kind Regards,

>> Karl

>> > This dump is after the issue presents itself and it's not
showing any

>> > scripts waiting for load. That's what is really strange.
They

>> > all work perfectly for an underterminate amount of time
then, a random

>> > subset of them just stop.

>> > I will point out that when I adjusted

>> > the max_listens_per_script & max_listens_per_region,

>> > adjusted the ini files for a different region (smacks myself
in the

>> head)

>> > so I just finished adjusting the correct files and am not
restarting

>> the

>> > simulator. We'll see if that takes care of it.

>> > Also, what's

>> > the word on increasing the MaxThreads setting from 100 to
lets say

>> > 300 ... Could that setting be imposing some sort of
limitation and

>> > would adjusting it up cause any unexpected negative side

>> > effects?

>> > Kind Regards,

>> > Karl

status in the

>> > console?

before or

>> > after

and when

>> > things

always show

>> > scripts

working

>> > does

issues which

>> > might

running?

experiencing a

>> > strange

prims using

commands to

>> > "client"

properly as

length of time

>> > it

function. i.e.

>> > It's

cease to work

>> > properly.

the

>> > servers.

happen with

>> > all

other words,

>> > an

subset of the

>> > servers

of

>> > scripts

channel

>> > settings

confusion or

>> > conflicts

him test

>> > this

less scripts and

>> > the

the listeners

>> > in the

imposed limit to

>> > the

region. I

>> > found

fact a

max_listens_per_script

>> > setting.

these limits

>> > so,

would not

>> > impose any

issue.

hardcoded in the

>> > simulator

what else

>> > could

for the region

>> > in

appreciated.

AtvPrm AtvScr

PhysFt OthrFt

>> > ___________________________

>> > Karl M. Dreyer Jr.

>> > In World Avi : Damean Paolino

>> > Island Oasis, LLC Co-Founder | CIO

>> > http://www.islandoasis.biz

>> > Notice: The contents of this email and any files transmitted
with it

>> are

>> > confidential and intended solely for the individual or
entity to whom

>> it

>> > is addressed. The content of this email message is not to
be

>> disclosed,

>> > copied, distributed, or shared with any person(s) or
entities without

>> the

>> > express consent of the sender. This message contains
confidential

>> > information and is intended only for the individual
named.