[Opensim-users] Anyone recognise versanet.de or 94.135.203.122

Shaun T. Erickson ste at smxy.org
Sun Jan 11 17:00:18 UTC 2015

On 1/11/15 5:53 AM, Ai Austin wrote:

>> From: "Shaun T. Erickson" <ste at smxy.org>
>>
>> What kind of traffic is it? My Blamgates check their destinations once
>> an hour - perhaps they are doing something similar, but at a greater
>> frequency? Just a wild guess, though.
>

> Thanks Shauin, and yes from the port numbers begin used I expect it is
> indeed some scripts to check for things benign alive or pinging
> hypergates, etc.
>
> I wondered if anyone recognized the 191 second interval as well as the
> IP address.
>
> Once an hour is not too bad.. and I see four or five such IP addresses
> one of which might be your blam gate for us..  e.g. 65.78.40.167
>
> But every 191 seconds means my Robust.exe console is now full up with
> these debug messages when I check things every so often... yes I know
> I can turn that down to INFO only being shown..
>
> Samples below...  !!
>
> 08:55:32 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest from 94.135.203.122:63188
> 08:57:53 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest from 94.135.203.122:63260
> [SNIP]
 >Once an hour is not too bad.. and I see four or five such IP addresses
one of which might be your blam gate for us..  e.g. 65.78.40.167

Yes, that's my address. :)

You think every 191 seconds is a lot? My grid sees one of these every
few seconds:

11:33:34 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest
11:33:37 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest
11:33:40 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest
11:33:44 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest
11:33:48 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest
11:33:52 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest
11:33:55 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest
11:34:07 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest
11:34:14 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest
11:34:16 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest
11:34:23 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest
11:34:26 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest
11:34:46 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest
11:34:49 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest
11:34:53 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest
11:34:58 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest
11:35:01 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest
11:35:08 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest
11:35:14 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest
11:35:15 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest
11:35:17 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest
11:35:27 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest
11:35:30 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest
11:35:39 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest
11:35:45 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest
11:35:48 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest
11:36:12 - [Wifi]: DefaultRequest

I can't see who they're from, however. I'm guessing that was added since
December 5th, which is the last time I updated my production grid (or
maybe I need to set something, so the addresses show).

Given that my grid has a region that's a popular HG hub, and that many
people have taken copies of the gate I have out, that's configured to
bring them to my grid, I imagine that some of what I'm seeing are those
gates checking to see that my grid is up. However, I think the majority
of it (in addition to the ~80 gates to other grids) is likely to be the
"roller-coaster" I have set up in that region ... I have 100 Blamgates,
laying horizontally, up in the sky. There is a gate on the ground, that
rezzes you just above the first of them, and you fall into it. Then it
sends you to just above the next one, and so on, until you get to the
last gate which puts you back where you started. It's quite a wild ride
that lasts for about a minute. :) Anyway, all of them are of the "check
the destination" type of gate, so I imagine I'm doing most of it to
myself. :) Oh, if you ever want to try the roller-coaster, look for the
gate labelled "101", in Eld2. :)

What might be nice is a simple way of turning off just this one message.

-ste