[Opensim-users] Export Permissions...

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 09:49:10 UTC 2015

>From: Melanie <melanie at t-data.com>
>In OpenSim, support needs to be announced to the
>viewer by using sim features.
>under [SimulatorFeatures], set ExportSupported=true

To stop export permission being applied which way do we set this?  I
have not added this [SimulatorFeature] to Openvue and AILand grids on
the assumption that no restrictions on export would be applied if I
did not mention this feature.  But am now wondering if I explicitly
must say false to this feature to ensure its not applied? I.e.,

ExportSupported=false

Export permissions partially implemented has been a constant and
serious issue since it was introduced I am afraid and there are
Mantis entries from people having issues.  maybe post specific issues
or suggestions as to how to fix this there?

Even items I create myself with my own textures and scripts I find
have some elements where the export box is UNTICKED and greyed out. I
often cannot simply move my own items between avatars or between my
grids and not find that some embedded elements are incorrectly set.

If the defaults are all changed so by DEFAULT export is not enforced
and and the export tick is on for everything created, including
internally added contents, embedded scripts, textures and assets,
etc.  This would be more in the spirit of open source community
developed software, but still allow for commercial uses and content
protection where that was explicitly intended.

Then any grid wanting to impose restrictions and provide that feature
could turn it on and any content creator/vendor could untick the
export box usign a supported views if that was their intention.