[Opensim-users] Export Permissions...

Butch Arnold butch.arnold at 3rdrockgrid.com
Sun Jan 11 05:22:24 UTC 2015

Hello Melanie,

I believe the default "Plywood" texture used on a default box does not
have the correct permissions.

I was able to take a texture which I created and added an "Export"
permission to and apply it to this box on all sides.. once I did this, I
was able to then set the "Export" checkbox on the box.

It seems that I can set the export permission on the following from
inventory but I first must "Set" both copy/mod perms:
  - Body parts - eyes, hair, skin, shapes
  - calling cards
  - clothing
  - I was unable to check gestures as I only have one in my inventory
and it is not full perm so I cannot set to copy thus the export box
remains shaded.
  - Landmarks appear to be "Export" enabled by default.
  - Notecards
  - Objects as long as they have "Export" enabled textures (Note:
Opensim default textures appear not to have export permissions on by
default and these cannot be changed using the viewer)
  - Textures
  - Photos
  - Scripts
  - I was unable to check sounds as I have only 1 in my inventory and it
is not full perm, hence the export box stays shaded
  - Textures

I used blender and created a basic mesh with no texture and uploaded but
I was not able to set the export box as it remained shaded.

textures then the export box becomes enabled and you can check it or not.
  - I was unable to test sounds or gestures
  - It appears we cannot set the export perm on a basic .dae model
without texture
  - It appears that "ALL" default OpenSim items cannot be set to allow
export and if anything is using any of the default textures it cannot be
set to export.

  - I have not yet tested if these "Export" permissions actually work,
but I was able to use the "Export" check box in each of these cases
indicated above.

Thanks,
Butch