[Opensim-users] login failing on fresh install w/ two distros

CiderJack opensim.users at katijackstudio.com
Tue Feb 24 08:50:25 UTC 2015

Issues had arisen with two of the regions in a 4-region standalone no
longer loading. Every bootup of OS was asking for region name, uuid,
whether to join the estate, etc. then loading default pinheads on the SW
& NE regions, while loading the other two correctly. (disclosure: I had
been playing with region settings extensively so probably something I
changed that I didn't un-change). So I deleted the entire OpenSim
0.8.0.3 folder and database, then recreated the database and
reinstalled. This is where the fun begins

After reinstalling regular OpenSim 0.8.0.3, logging in doesn't pass the
'handshake' portion. No errors on console. Then I am offered the choice
to read chat or teleport (or close), and Teleport is chosen. Immediately
notified that I am 'unable to authenticate'.

Console says salted hashes do not match. Maybe I typed in the wrong
password when setting up, so I reinstall (including dropping & creating
new database) but the issue persists.

A project I had been working on was (fortunately) saved to an oar file,
and was needing more work. In a separate folder with a separate database
the latest Diva Distro is then installed.

I am inworld for an hour or so, then get called away. An oar file is
saved and the simulator & the server shut down. About an hour later they
are both started up again, but I am unable to log in. The same issue
that was happening with plain OS has now occurred with the most recent
Diva Distro.

Through all of this I am using Singularity 1.8.6. I then tried
Imprudence 1.3.2 (the only other viewer I have installed). This goes
only slightly differently.

The first part is the same - can't get past handshake. The console shows
no errors or suggestions of potential issues. The second half is
different - when choosing 'Teleport', Imprudence immediately crashes.
Nothing (zilch) is registered on the console.

Also tried from another terminal on the network. Exactly the same.

TL;DR: OpenSim can't get handshake (getting this far implies
authentication worked I think?) then asks 'View Chat/Close/Teleport' and
then says 'unable to authenticate avatar'. D2 worked fine on first run,
but now does the same thing.

Open for suggestions :)

--
~!CJ