[Opensim-users] How to set up autobackup

Thomas Ringate tringate at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 02:27:19 UTC 2015

I have now put all the parameters directly into the OpenSimDefaults.ini to make sure there was no mistake.  Yet nothing appears to have changed.

The are also in my region.ini file and my StandaloneCommon.ini  file.  Everything else in these files is correctly adjusting those parameters, so I know the files are being properly read.  This is not a new installation, it has been running ever since OSgrid went down.  So I guess that is about 7 months or so.

I do wonder why I do not have the IRegionAutoBackupModule in my bin directory that this feature is suppose to call.  Is it possible the people who package the OSGrid zip release remove this module?

Here is a segment of the file showing exactly what I put in the OpenSimDefaults.ini.
[AssetService]
    DefaultAssetLoader = "OpenSim.Framework.AssetLoader.Filesystem.dll"
    AssetLoaderArgs = "assets/AssetSets.xml"

    ; Disable this to prevent the default asset set from being inserted into the
    ; asset store each time the region starts
    AssetLoaderEnabled = true

[GridService]
    ;; default standalone, overridable in StandaloneCommon.ini
    StorageProvider = "OpenSim.Data.Null.dll:NullRegionData"

[AutoBackupModule]
    ;; default is module is disabled at the top level
    AutoBackupModuleEnabled = true
    AutoBackupModuleEnabled = true
    AutoBackupInterval = 30
    AutoBackupDir = /var/opensim/backup/OAR/test/
    AutoBackupNaming = Time

[Sounds]
    ;; {Module} {} {Implementation of ISoundModule to use.} {OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.dll:SoundModule}
    Module = OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.dll:SoundModule

    ;; {MaxDistance} {} {Cut-off distance at which sounds will not be sent to users} {100.0}
    MaxDistance = 100.0

Here is the log file after restarting the simulator with the edited defaults file.

2015-02-22 21:12:02,307 INFO  - OpenSim.Region.OptionalModules.World.AutoBackup.AutoBackupModule [AUTO BACKUP]: AutoBackupModule enabled
2015-02-22 21:12:02,310 DEBUG - OpenSim.Region.OptionalModules.World.AutoBackup.AutoBackupModule [AUTO BACKUP]: Here is the default config:
2015-02-22 21:12:02,312 DEBUG - OpenSim.Region.OptionalModules.World.AutoBackup.AutoBackupModule [AUTO BACKUP]: AutoBackup: DISABLED
[AUTO BACKUP]: Interval: 720 minutes
[AUTO BACKUP]: Do Busy Check: Yes
[AUTO BACKUP]: Naming Type: Time
[AUTO BACKUP]: Backup Dir: .
[AUTO BACKUP]: Script:

2015-02-22 21:12:02,343 INFO  - OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Asset.FlotsamAssetCache [FLOTSAM ASSET CACHE]: FlotsamAssetCache enabled

They appear to be totally ignored and no backup is taking place.

Tom