[Opensim-users] How to set up autobackup

Thomas Ringate tringate at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 21:36:51 UTC 2015

I can’t figure out what it is I am doing wrong.  I want to set up autobackup but it is not working for me.

I placed the following into my StandaloneCommon.ini file.

[AutoBackupModule]
    AutoBackupModuleEnabled = true
    AutoBackupInterval = 30
    AutoBackupDir = /var/opensim/backup/OAR/test/
    AutoBackupNaming = Time

My expectations were this would set this for all of my regions as their default and if I wanted something different in a specific region I could set new values in that region.

I let the simulator run for a few hours and no OAR’s were created at all.

I then added the following to one of my regions.

AutoBackupModuleEnabled = true
AutoBackupInterval = 15
AutoBackupDir = /var/opensim/backup/test/
AutoBackupNaming = Time

Left my simulator run for a few more hours and still nothing was saved.

Looking in my log file I only see the following.

2015-02-22 14:57:20,124 INFO  - OpenSim.Region.OptionalModules.World.AutoBackup.AutoBackupModule [AUTO BACKUP]: AutoBackupModule enabled
2015-02-22 14:57:20,128 DEBUG - OpenSim.Region.OptionalModules.World.AutoBackup.AutoBackupModule [AUTO BACKUP]: Here is the default config:
2015-02-22 14:57:20,130 DEBUG - OpenSim.Region.OptionalModules.World.AutoBackup.AutoBackupModule [AUTO BACKUP]: AutoBackup: DISABLED
[AUTO BACKUP]: Interval: 720 minutes
[AUTO BACKUP]: Do Busy Check: Yes
[AUTO BACKUP]: Naming Type: Time
[AUTO BACKUP]: Backup Dir: .
[AUTO BACKUP]: Script:

Searching my bin directory I do not see any file named IRegionAutoBackupModule or anything even close.
I used the last zip file on OSGrid to build my simulator.  I am running on Linux Fedora 21.
The simulator has been dormant for the entire testing.  Only logged in once to make sure it was working.
I never say anything appear in the console window either.

Tom