[Opensim-users] Defects in Sim on a Stick 1024 x 1024 varregion ?

Ian S ishel99 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 16:03:38 UTC 2015

I have just started using the latest version of SoaS (0.8) and building in
a 1024 x 1024 varregion.

I have found some strange apparent defects appearing in the 'fabric of the
universe', in the form of coloured pink and blue patches appearing in the
minimap which seem to be caused by something happening in layers around 300
metres above ground.

I have provided a copy of my OAR on Google Drive, and also a screenshot
from about 350 metres a.g.l. showing the top corner of the defect which
appears only fleetingly as you ascend.  If anyone can be bothered to take a
look, the defect is in the NE corner.

My folder can be accessed from this link:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5EglFQB3L3ofmxsVkIwUWJJcmpOTkhtVVU5R1V5M2RrazZScVpRb2t5VXlzOHl2MXBKX2c&usp=sharing

Any thoughts appreciated.  Something similar had happened, in different
locations, in my previous version which was destroyed when I overwrote with
another OAR without understanding the implications   :)

Kind regards

Ian @ Perth, Australia