[Opensim-users] Load OAR --default-user

Fleep Tuque fleep513 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 14:40:22 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Yesterday I had occasion to load an OAR file into a region with the
--default-user switch, and it worked perfectly the first time.  The OAR
loaded just fine with me as the owner.  I was able to go in and make
changes to the content on the region, and when I was finished, I saved the
OAR out (regular save, no parameters).

I then reloaded the OAR again with the --default-user switch to change the
content owner to a different avatar, however, no matter what I do, the
content seems to be owned by me - no matter what avatar name I put in the
parameter.

Troubleshooting steps I tried that didn't resolve the issue:

- Restarting the simulator
--default-user switch and new avatar name
- Load the saved OAR with the --default-user switch and new avatar name in
a different region (same result, the content is still owned by me, and I
should note, I am NOT the estate owner for that region)
- Clearing my viewer cache

I also tested loading the OAR with the --default-user switch using an
avatar name that doesn't exist on the grid to ensure that it was properly
checking to see if the account exist, and it did return an error on the
console that the fake account didn't exist, so it is checking.

Any thoughts or suggestions for what to try next?

- Chris/Fleep