[Opensim-users] Is the user name the only information used to lock content permissions in opensim?

Dr Ramesh Ramloll r.ramloll at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 22:08:33 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have been wondering about the following situation. I should perhaps have
tried a test case on my own (pardon my laziness), but I thought I would ask
first.
Say I have an oar of content all created by 'John Doe' which 'have no mod,
no copy ' permissions ie whoever gets this content, and who is not John
Doe, will not be able to modify or copy the content.
I now import this content into a different opensim set up, and log in as
'Ann Mary'.
I would expect the content to be no mod, no copy,  from Ann Mary's
perspective.
So far so good.
Now, if I log in as John Doe instead of Ann Mary, would the content be
moddable and copiable as it now again from John Doe's perspective?

In short, am hoping that the user name is not the only information used to
lock content permissions, hopefully the password is used as well.

Thanks.

Ramesh