[Opensim-users] Not Able to Sell Land

Teravus Ovares teravus at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 05:18:08 UTC 2015

Hi there,

As the person who discovered how to get it to work...    I can tell you
that landtool.php *was* required in older viewers.   It may no longer be
required in newer viewers and Newer viewers may have it implemented in what
are called 'CAP's  or 'Capabilities'.   That said, to provide a complete
money solution, it should be a part of the service that the grid and money
provider provide.  If I remember correctly, at least one core developer
modularized them in such a way that the money module will work with the
land module 'if it exists and is registered to handle the related money
events'   .The land tool needs to know about the parcel's state, the
region,  and about your current finances.

Really, while I was working with the research on the Money and Land Module,
the most difficult part about getting it to work *wasn't* landtool.php.
It was actually figuring out how to tell the client/viewer where the Land
service API was.     Given these facts, that's where I would focus.
Figure out how your client knows where the Land Purchasing API is and
ensure that all clients connected to your simulator.... that takes
advantage of the land API...  has the same setup pointer to the Land API.

Hopefully I have helped you in the right direction.

Have a great day

Teravus