[Opensim-users] Theoretical limit on maximum number of NPCs on a region

dz dz at bitzend.net
Sat Sep 13 19:02:32 UTC 2014

> Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 13:50:04 -0400
> From: Justin Smith <jsmith at drexel.edu>
>

> If you're using DSG, how many cores are supporting this usage?
>

> The NPC testing was completed on my MOSES estate region which is NOT DSG
enabled.  It is my belief that the estate regions were running "vanilla"
OpenSim 0.7.6 code in a CentOS VM.  I do not know how many cores or how
much RAM was dedicated to the VM, but the only config changes I requested
were enabling NPC's  and allowing OS Functions with a threat level of
VeryHigh.  I would expect that an 8 core machine with significant memory
was involved as a base server, but I cannot say how many VMs/regions were
active on that server at the time of the tests.

Doug