[Opensim-users] Map V2 and hypergrid

Jeff Kelley opensim at pescadoo.net
Sat Sep 13 18:32:19 UTC 2014

At 9:09 AM -0400 12/9/14, James Hughes wrote:

>Should only need to set MapTileURL in your Robust or Standalone
>configuration. These settings are now pushed to the simulator which
>sends them with the simulator features to HG visitors.
>
>http://opensimulator.org/wiki/SimulatorFeatures_Extras

Thanks James.

That's the way I have configured the 2 grids I manage:
     MapTileURL = "http://213.251.187.34:8002"
     MapTileURL = "http://88.161.20.136:8002"

Maybe my visitors see the V2 maptiles.
But I don't see them (when I am a HG visitor).

It seems that your ability to see V2 maptiles when hypergriding
depends on a number of factors in the home grid configuration. After
hours experimenting, and narrowing the ini diff's, I couldn't find a
single clue.

0.8rc1 standalone mySQL (as login grid) : NEVER see V2 maptiles on remote grid
0.8.0.1 standalone mySQL (as login grid) : NEVER see V2 maptiles on remote grid
0.8rc1 standalone SQLite (as login grid) : SOMETIMES see V2 maptiles
on remote grid

I use virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002 running 0.8.1 Dev as "remote grid".

OpenSim.ini differs in
	ConsolePrompt, LogShowStatsSeconds, http_listener_port,
	OSFunctionThreatLevel, ScriptDistanceLimitFactor
	-> not significant

StandaloneCommon.ini differs in
	Include-Storage, StorageProvider and DefaultRegion

StandaloneHypergrid.ini differs in
     ConnectorProtocolVersion (SIMULATION/0.2 vs SIMULATION/0.3)

OpenSimDefaults.ini differs in
	MaxPoolThreads, NonPhysicalPrimMax, MaxOutgoingTransferVersion
	max_distance, enable_windlight, AllowMODFunctions, AllowOSFunctions,
	AllowLightShareFunctions, OSFunctionThreatLevel, DebugMessagingEnabled
	-> not significant

This is very unstable. Just restarting the standalone or clearing the
viewer cache may change the result from SEE to NOT SEE.

-- Jeff