[Opensim-users] IAR Import question

Thomas Ringate tringate at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 14:57:41 UTC 2014

I have noticed if I import the same IAR file into my standalone more than
once, my inventory ends up having multiple entries for the same object.  The
number of entries for an object is identical to the number of times I import
the IAR file.

My question is if these multiple entries in my inventory all point to the
same object, or if each time I import an IAR file it generates a totally new
asset for each item in the IAR, resulting in a bloated asses table and truly
does duplicate everything?

How does the asset server actually keep track of an object?  Does it use
it's original UUID as the key to know it is a duplicate of something already
in the asset table?  I understand if you modify or change anything in an
asset it becomes a totally new asset and of course that would result in a
new entry in the table.

Tom