[Opensim-users] Nvidia GTX versus Quadra GPU Question

Dahlia Trimble dahliatrimble at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 19:49:16 UTC 2014

LL viewers use OpenGL 2.x API which is fairly inefficient for "small batch"
content such as most of the content in SL/OpenSimulator. Newer OpenGL
drivers for newer GPUs probably optimize for OpenGL 3+ or 4+ which has more
efficient methods for processing such content but until the LL renderer is
updated to use such methods you wont see much of a performance increase
with newer GPU hardware.