[Opensim-users] Nvidia GTX versus Quadra GPU Question

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 16:21:13 UTC 2014

I have been monitoring my fps rates a bit more closely than usual to
test the Oculus Rift DK2 and using a number of viewers... I thought I
was seeing significantly higher frame rates on a much less powerful
older Nvidia GTX 580 I have on one rig (with onkly 8GB of memory and
rotating disks) compared to the system I thought would give best
performance with an Nvidia Kepler-based K4000, 32GB memory and SSD
drives.  But I seemed to only be getting about half the frame rate.

I tried to set these with seemingly identical tests with 1920x1080
display, identical ultra video, same view distance, shadows,
anti-aliasing and everything, and I had my avatar at same time of day
facing the same direction on an otherwise unoccupied region.

Before I set up and test more thoroughly and try to see what the
problem might be, I wonder if anyone knows if there is some specific
issue between using the consumer level GTX GPUs and seemingly more
powerful Nvidia Quadro Kepler GPUs that may be a root cause?