[Opensim-users] Web delivery

Jeff Kelley opensim at pescadoo.net
Fri Oct 31 08:37:50 UTC 2014

I am looking for a way to programmatically create an inventory item
such as it appears immediately, as in the case of llGiveInventory. It
can be either in the avatar's inventory, or in an object's inventory
(since the object can give to the avatar). It can't be assumed that
the container be scripted, so it is not possible to use
llGiveInventory.

I can INSERT a row into database or POST to the InventoryService. The
former needs the simulator to be stopped, and the later the avatar to
relog. None meets the "immediate delivery" requirement.

This would be used to deliver things from the web, as in the
following application :
http://www.pescadoo.net/tmp/texture_browser.png

My avatar selects a ROBUST texture on a web page. The web then calls
an object, passing the name and uuid of the texture. The box under is
painted by uuid.

Any idea?

-- Jeff