[Opensim-users] Singularity and Mesh LOD setting (RenderVolumeLODFactor)

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 17:22:18 UTC 2014

False alarm.. thanks for checking folks. I did more careful tests of
Singularity 1.8.6 and Firestorm 4.6.7 looking at complex mesh objects
from exactly the same viewpoint and with as near as I could tell the
same graphics quality settings, draw windows sizes, etc..

Singularity at RenderVolumeLODFactor = 2.0 drops out exactly the same
amount of mesh as Firestorm at 2.0

And when I set 4.0 (my usual setting) I see the meshes without
artifacts or drop out for my examples in both Singularity and Firestorm.

So this also confirms that Singularity takes, accepts, keeps and acts
upon a RenderVolumeLODFactor of 4 (or more).