[Opensim-users] A grid statistics page

Jeff Kelley opensim at pescadoo.net
Sun Nov 2 11:48:42 UTC 2014

At 12:37 AM -0400 2/11/14, Shaun T. Erickson wrote:

>Okay, now I'm getting values and all table coordinates filled in. I
>had to tell selinux to get out of the way, with this command:

For opensim servers, I usually disable the whole thing.

I have been lazy on http programming. file_get_contents may not be
the best choice.

And yes, you need the "native" mySQL driver. yum or apt-get install
php5-mysqlnd.

Anyway, since justincc pointed me to the GridService API, I found a
better way to get the regions : GetRegionRange ($serviceUri, 0, 0,
2147483647, 2147483647); You just need access to port 8003.

To be smart, we should cache the region data for a time. They
certainly don't change every 5 seconds, and GetRegionRange may tax
the grid service for a large grid.

-- Jeff