[Opensim-users] [SCENE]: Loading objects from datastore - TIMEOUT

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 18 01:11:16 UTC 2014

This is happening when the simulator is initially loading scene object data.

We did have a problem back in 2010 where the MySQL adaptor was timing out in exactly this way [1].  However, this was
resolved by updating the MySQL code used by OpenSimlator to a later version which allowed infinite timeouts.

However, I note that the timeout for this call is actually set to 3600 directly in the code.  However, this is still 60
minutes, which would be more than ample time for any possible load objects query to complete.

Are you using any unusual database settings which might somehow override this?  Is this problem only being thrown after
60 minutes?  At this point, I would start to suspect you might even has disk issues (which might even explain your other
particle corruption problem).

[1] http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=4831

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting