[Opensim-users] OpenSim.Data.MySQL....

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Sat Jun 28 21:43:21 UTC 2014

This is almost certain to be a copy/paste error. However, the
example leaves it commented and the hardcoded default is correct.
Your problem arose because you removed the # comment marker. Realm
is not meant to be set for normal use. It's useful only for special
configurations.

- Melanie

On 28/06/2014 19:58, BoneZ wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank-you Melanie, your reply helped me to solve the issue.
> One needs to remember that the "Example" files can and sometime do
> contain errors.
> Things are working well now.
>
> In the Robust.HG.ini.Example file included in the current build, this
> section....
> [AuthenticationService]
>      ; for the server connector
>      LocalServiceModule =
> "OpenSim.Services.AuthenticationService.dll:PasswordAuthenticationService"
>      ; Realm = "useraccounts"
>

> Realm is wrong... it should be "Auth" and NOT "useraccounts".
>
> it should look like:
> [AuthenticationService]
>      ; for the server connector
>      LocalServiceModule =
> "OpenSim.Services.AuthenticationService.dll:PasswordAuthenticationService"
>      Realm = "auth"
>

> On 6/27/2014 5:05 PM, Melanie wrote:
>> The AuthenticationData refers to a table named "auth", NOT
>> UserAccounts. The code is good as it is, you have something
>> misconfigured.
>>
>> - Melanie
>>
>> On 27/06/2014 22:54, BoneZ wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have a grid configured for hypergrid...
>>> Once robust is running I try to create a new user and I get:
>>> OpenSim.Server.Base.ServicesServerBase Command error:
>>> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Unknown column
>>> 'UUID' in 'where clause'
>>>
>>> In the OpenSim.Data.MySQL project there is a file...
>>> "MySQLAuthenticationData.cs"
>>>
>>> On line 85:
>>> using (MySqlCommand cmd = new MySqlCommand("select * from `" + m_Realm +
>>> "` where UUID = ?principalID", dbcon))
>>>

>>> Is this an error??
>>> the m_Realm variable seems to be assigned "useraccounts" and this query
>>> seems to be looking for the column "UUID" in the table... but it does
>>> not exist.
>>>
>>> I've changed it to:
>>>
>>> using (MySqlCommand cmd = new MySqlCommand("select * from `" + m_Realm +
>>> "` where `PrincipalID` = ?principalID", dbcon))
>>>
>>> That seems to have satisfied it for another step.. but now
>>> AuthenticationServiceBase.cs in the
>>> OpenSim.Services.AuthenticationService project is throwing: